Welcome to the leading waste management company in Namibia.
Rent-A-Drum was established in 1989 and has grown into the biggest private enterprise of its kind in Namibia. Rent-A-Drum is the leading organization in waste management and recycling in Namibia and offers the most comprehensive services to Namibian corporations, mines and smaller companies, including the citizens of the capital city Windhoek, Swakopmund, Walvis Bay, Oshakati, Oranjemund and Rundu.
The company’s equipment resources are supported by an extremely focused, well experienced and committed management team who constantly aim to source more cost-effective and environmentally friendly solutions.
Our Values at Rent-A-Drum is commitment, accountability, respect and enthusiasm. With our mission to drive the change of community standard for waste management and future environmental sustainability. Zero waste to landfill is our vision to guide people in changing their lifestyle and practices to emulate sustainable natural cycles, where all discarded materials are designed to become resources for others to use.
The company has a strong environmental and safety focus and aims to reduce and control pollution and incidents to the absolute minimum.
Rent-A-Drum sort and bale the following recyclables at our Material Recovery Facility launched in 2010; Cans Aluminium, UBC Steel, food and aerosol cans. Carton boxes, super mix paper, news paper and tetra pack. Glass bottles, PET bottles and mix HDPE bottles. LDPE plastics and LLDPE Clingwrap plastic. Rent-A-Drum dispatch an average of 2500 tons of recyclables per month to South Africa where the process of recycling them back into new products begins.
Our expertise and services also extends to several areas in Waste Management such as deep collection systems, wheelie bin services, cleaning & sanitizing, skip removals, on site waste management, clean-ups and cargo spills, destructions, waste audits, event waste management, landfill management, rehabilitation and hazardous waste that includes – medical waste, fat trap, grease & sewage maintenance, bioremediation, and demolition.
Some interesting facts:
- Generates employment - over 500 Namibian employees.
- 96 % of our staff is from racially disadvantage groups. We have a 100% Namibian Workforce and 42% of our workforce are women.
- Over 80 waste collecting and removal vehicles.
- Branches in Windhoek, Swakopmund, Walvis Bay, Husab Mine, Rossing Mine, Langer Heinrich Mine, Oshakati, Rundu and Oranjemund.
- First and only Material Recovery Facility in Namibia – launched in 2010 in the capital city, Windhoek.
- First Refuse Derived Fuel Plant in Namibia inaugurated on 15 March 2017.
- Second Material Recovery Facility in Namibia – Installed in Swakopmund in August 2019.
- Rent-A-Drum recycles an average total of 1,800 tons per month.
- We sort 22 different commodities before baling and dispatching the different commodities to different recycling plants in South Africa.